Confucius Institute Programs – Test Center
CIAU will administer the HSK Test of 2022
CIAU will administer the HSK Chinese Language Proficiency Test of 2022 on April 9th and Dec. 14th at Perlman Hall. The tests of level 2, level 3, level 4 and level 5 will be available.
CIAU has provided an HSK test venue on the AU campus over a decade. It offers two test dates annually. Usually in April and December. The test on campus is open to AU students and Chinese learners around the areas.
HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese Language proficiency at one of six levels. It assesses non–native Chinese speakers' ability to use the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives.
The results of the test can serve several purposes:
- A method for Chinese language learners to assess and improve their proficiency in Chinese.
- A reference for an educational institution's decision–making concerning recruiting students, assigning students to different classes.
- A reference for employers' decision-making concerning the recruitment, training and promotion worldwide.
Details of registration as following:
HSK Exam Registration at the Confucius Institute at Alfred University (CIAU)
- We will have the in–person test on April 9th, 2022. Make sure you can travel to our test venue on Alfred University campus (Perlman Hall, 299 State Street, Alfred, NY 14802).
- Fill out the registration form and send it to the registration email address. All registrations will be conducted uniformly by CIAU.
- Send a recent digital headshot to the registration email address.
- Pay the test fee according to the test level and send the payment voucher to the registration email.
Please pay testing fee by money order or by check and write "pay to: Confucius Institute at Alfred University" and "print name + HSK fee + HSK level".
Level 2 – $20; Level 3 – $30; Level 4 – $ 40; Level 5 – $ 50.
- You are asked to bring the admission ticket and valid ID (such as student ID, driver's license, etc.) to take the test.
- Check the results online one month after the test. The original score notice will be sent to the address filled in the registration form by CIAU.
Contact by phone or email if you are going to take the test or have any question.
Mailing Address: 10 Park Street, Confucius House, Alfred, NY 14802
HSKThe new HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. The new HSK consists of a writing test and a speaking test, which are independent of each other. There are six levels of writing tests, namely the HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI). There are three levels of speaking tests, namely the HSK (beginner level), HSK (intermediate level), and HSK (advanced level). During the speaking test, test takers’ speeches will be recorded.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level I) can understand and use very simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level II) have an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level III) can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily, academic and professional lives. They can manage most communication in Chinese when travelling in China.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level IV) can converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level V) can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays, and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level VI) can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in Chinese, both orally and on paper.
The new HSK emphasizes the objectivity and accuracy of the evaluation and stresses the learners’ actual Chinese language abilities.
The new HSK sets clear test objectives to allow the test takers to be able to improve their Chinese language abilities in a systematic and efficient way.
Test takers will receive the results for the new HSK issued by Hanban within three weeks after the test.