The 4th International Conference on Chinese Immersion Programs
Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, the onsite International Chinese Language Conference scheduled for November at Alfred University, New York will be moved online to bring together educators during this unprecedented time.
Virtual ICCIP 2020
November 6 – 7
7:00PM – 11:00PM EST
Theme: Teaching and Learning Chinese in Context: Developing Students' Communicative Competence
Topics for the conference:
- Student–centered language teaching
- Content–based language instruction
- Immersion approach
- Communicative interactions, skills and strategies
- Cross–cultural communication
- Classroom management in the North America
- Link theories with practice
- Policy and administration in Chinese as a foreign language Others
- Proposal submission deadline: 08/31/2020
- Acceptance announcement: 09/15/2020
Format of the Proposal (proposals and papers should be in English)
- Applicant's name
- Title of proposed research project
- Abstract of the proposal (Maximum 250 words)
Provide the relevant background information and explain the motivation for your study.
- Objectives and hypotheses to be tested
- List (using bullet points) the aims/objectives of the study and, where relevant, specify the hypotheses to be tested.
- Literature review
- Discuss the key publications in the proposed research area.
- Materials and methods
- Explain how you intend to undertake the research. There is no need to describe experimental approaches or analyses in detail: an indication of the approach to be adopted (with citation of sources) is adequate in most cases.
- Anticipated outcome and value of the research
- Explain the likely significance of your research and how it will impact the research field.
- Literature cited
- Provide bibliographic details of all references cited, adopting a standardized format.
Overview of Schedule
|7:00PM – 7:30PM||Welcome Speech/opening speech|
|7:30PM – 9:30PM||Keynote Address A & B & C|
|9:30PM – 9:45PM||Video show of Chinese immersion class|
|9:45PM – 11:00PM||Presentation Ⅰ & Ⅱ|
|7:00PM – 9:00PM||Keynote Address D & E & F|
|9:00PM – 10:15PM||Presentation Ⅲ & Ⅳ|
|10:15PM – 10:45PM||Panel Discussion|
|10:45PM – 11:00PM||Closing Remarks|